Wednesday, December 30, 2015

To The Journey...

As 2015 comes to a close, we're all reflecting upon the year we had. Looking back at my year, I struggle to wrap my brain around the journey.

I started 2015 purposefully unemployed in Vancouver, happily immersing myself in the art of improv and the mountains of the pacific northwest. I drove across country, experienced my first hospital stay, landed in my parent's home, and networked my way back into full-time employment. Now settled into a new home in downtown Chicago, I'm now trying not to loose this new-and-improved version of my life in the daily routine of work & commute.

...Geez, guys, no wonder I'm so tired!

Seriously, how the hell did I do all that? My brain honestly can't comprehend the last 12 months of my life. All I do know is that I have this blog and new Facebook friends to prove that it happened.

I also know that in terms of the journey, this one has come to a close. The blogging one, anyway. I started this form of public musing in an effort to chronicle my adventures as I found the way to my new destination. And frankly... I've arrived.

Yes, physically I have a home, but more importantly I have found a better balance within myself. My creative pursuits are finally of equal importance to my career. (Though the struggle continues to ensure they don't hinder each other.) I successfully left the only city I'd ever lived in and built a home for myself in another. I crossed mountains, deserts and international borders that seemed daunting two years before. And I have the confidence in myself to know that I could do it all over again if I wanted to. Which, in reality, I probably will.

Thank you for your support and interest in this crazy journey I embarked on. I hope you have found it as interesting and ridiculous as I have. I hope you've embarked on an adventure of your own or tried something on your bucket list. And I hope we both continue to do the things that scare us.

Happy New Year.



1 comment:

  1. Your blog will be missed but your journey will continue in other ways and other times!

    ReplyDelete