Tuesday, September 8, 2015

So Little Time

It's been a heck of a week. New job & excessive commute left me exhausted.  How did I not think this change in lifestyle would be hard?

In an effort to ease the commute, I spent the better part of my Labor Day weekend apartment hunting in Chicago.  I saw some great places and some not-so-great ones. I put an offer in on one, only to find it rented the night before  and I had to promptly begin the search again.  No firm housing plans yet - hopefully the second application is successful.

In the midst of all this, I was cramming in preparations to travel back to Vancouver. I'm on my way today with an over-packed suitcase and a relative idea of what my week there will look like. Overall, though,  it's a day I've been anticipating for months, but is now feeling like one more thing I have to deal with.  I'm guessing this feeling will disappear when I arrive... I just find it surprising.

No comments:

Post a Comment